When Chef Lij’s long running right hand chef- Ganesh Venkiteswaran decided to move on to a new opportunity, we were gutted to see him go but wished him well. After all, a good leader always helps to position their team members for growth. Recently we went to his new haunt as a family and this is what happens when chefs dine out- Delphine Brunch in Dubai.
Delphine Brunch in Dubai
At first glance, the lobby of the H Hotel is quite reminiscent of old world opulence but with a lot more restraint than the typical swanky Dubai hotel. Simply put, it has a very posh feel and even though there are Swarovski instalments hanging from ceiling worth millions, it is very tastefully decorated and not overdone. It is the place you would want to spend an afternoon living it up in Dubai.
Delphine restaurant is located to the corner of the lobby and the brunch spills out in the lobby with a well-appointed dessert cart stocked with everything a sweet lover could ask for.
- Starters, salads, cheeses and desserts are served buffet style… everything from salads and cold cuts to really impressive cheese stations. I counted two.
- Salad ingredients are local, organic produce sourced from Greenheart Farms.
- This is a seafood lover’s treat – I’m talking lobster, prawns, oysters, smoked/cured fish from salmon, tuna to mackerel. The works. It’s there.
- The perfect brunch for salad lovers. There are so many elements to make your own salad on the buffet that no matter what diet you are on- paleo, lowcarb, keto, low calorie, low fat, or SEEfood (eat all you can see), there is something for you.
- Mains are serves a la carte. This is the best option for real discerning foodies as you will never have to resort to old cold buffet food. Order as you wish from the A la carte menu for a delectable offering of hot mains.
- LIVE band- music by one of the best live bands we have heard in Dubai. Mojo Blues Band is simply sublime. Great vocals, arrangements and accompaniment and they really know music. They managed even to play bluesy reggae- WICKED IRIE!
- The chicken liver toast- beyond scrumptious with perfectly toasted bricohe
- Poached eggs on Avocado toast- the perfect way to start your day… with runny eggporn to boot. Watch this video on our Instagram.
- Vegetarian gnocchi- a creamy, hearty, mushroomy main with perfect gnocchi
- Seafood Pie- warm seafood bliss in a mini cocotte. Absolutely delicious and lighter take on a meat pie
- Boneless ribs- here Chef Ganesh proves that he worked with the best Chef in the middle east. Melt in your mouth goodness.
- We ordered a pink penne for bubs and the pasta came firmly cooked. It was just beyond al dente, which would be too firm for kids but not the mushy overcooked mess that people usually give to babies. Ours toddler LOVED it. We will post next on tips on how to manage kids while dining out.
- Crab cake with papaya salad- light and fresh.
- Live Blood Mary rolling station
- Live frozen mousse popsicle station
Location The H Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai Metro World Trade Center Station Cost Dh269 including soft drinks; Dh385 (house pouring beverages and sparkling wines like Proseco) 599 (champagne package) Timings 12.30pm to 4.30pm every Friday Phone 04 5018623 Website