The trick to achieving kitchen prowess is knowing and mastering simple techniques and letting the food speak for itself. This dessert is perfect as it can be made in advance and you will look like a professional pastry chef with this presentation. This is how you impress any dinner guest and the tiny serving size is ideal after a large meal.
Nutella is HUGELY popular in the UAE and across Europe. It is a hazelnut chocolate spread that is highly addictive. We have a homemade recipe to make it quite easily at home with less sugar and junk than the store bought version. You can also use the store bought one in this recipe. Of course we hope you will have a healthier Ramadan so we encourage you to try our Homemade Nutella Recipe.
Homemade Nutella is a lip-smacking, delicious thrill on its own but of course we are finding ways to transform every recipe into something even more magnificent. Here enters the Nutella pudding. These make really great treats and allow you to limit the sugar as you like. When you see how simple and superb this recipe is, you will never buy the pre-packaged one again.
This recipe was originally created, cooked, styled and photographed by me for a commissioned feature in Gourmet magazine. The tableware featured is available at Tavola . The cups are ASA Sunny Days espresso collection in Apple and the spoons are Alessi.
- 3/4 cup homemade nutella
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- Combine the cornstarch and a third of the milk in a bowl and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients to saucepan and whisk together on low heat until incorporated.
- Turn up heat to medium, whisk the cornstarch and milk mixture then add it to the sauce pan, whisking the hot liquid to prevent clumps.
- Reduce heat to low while stirring constantly with a spatula. Cook until it thickens, coats the back of a spoon and leaves a line when you trace your finger on the back of the spoon.
- Pour into a container with a spout for easy pouring into smaller serving size glasses. We love espresso cups or tiny shot glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Remember to like and share this recipe, leave a comment and add it to your recipe box. Plus involve the kids to keep them busy as this is a recipe they will love to make and eat! We are also on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest and Twitter all as @ChefandSteward. Do show us some love by liking us over there as well.