When you are married to a chef, ingredients come at a premium. When you are married to one who spent his first months post culinary school as a butcher, you will see just how paying attention to the selection process will amplify your cooking. You will taste how fresh, well-sourced meats can take a steak from ordinary to an aged, well-marbled, blissful experience, melting in your mouth and needing nothing more than salt and freshly cracked pepper for seasoning. If he has headed one of the most talked about steakhouses in the country, he will know and demand prime cuts of meat even at his own dining table. And that is why, as Chef and Steward, we cannot say enough about just how much we adore Prime Gourmet.
Prime Gourmet describes themselves as “a team of dedicated professionals passionate about meat, the meat wholesale industry and the foodservice / retail market segments that we service on a daily basis within the United Arab Emirates and surrounding GCC region.” And to that, we concur.
If you have ever tried in vain to get specific meat cuts essential to a particular preparation, then you will totally understand our glee. Anyone who has suffered at the hands of a “butcher” who delivered tough, massacred meat, will love this outlet. It’s the one place you can rest assured that you can have a worry-free experience when you are catering, entertaining at home or cooking for people you really want to impress, even if it is your own palate. The quality is consistently exceptional and you certainly get what you pay for. We use their produce exclusively when entertaining, like we did for our feature on Entertaining at Home for Gourmet. The Aged Steaks and Lamb Roulade needed nothing more than a little careful cooking because they were already perfect on their own.
Centrally located at Gold & Diamond Park facing Sheikh Zayed Road, the gourmet butchery is a feast of all things deliciously meaty. As the local food market becomes more aware and palates continue to demand better quality produce, butchery shops like these will continue to trend in the region. The company, part of the Tricorp Group is headquartered in Dubai (UAE) with a predominant focus on sales within the UAE but also extending across the whole of the GCC.
The popular axiom, “You are what you eat” is true not only for ourselves but also the produce we consume. When cows and lambs have been fed by the grass that nature intended, you cannot help but taste the difference. Our bodies also recognize the difference or organic meats as they are void of the antibiotics and hormones. The meats from Prime Gourmet range from certified USDA organic, to hormone-free, grass-fed, and hormone-free, grain-fed produce. Their parent company Country Hill International (CHI) have been supplying to the 4-5 star hotel market in the UAE for years -making them experts-and have now opened up a retail outlet for customers like us.
“Listening carefully to our customers needs, working closely with our suppliers to ensure an extensive range of quality meat products, matching meat products to their purpose, and allowing our customers to achieve the results they demand; we. .. [offer] of a range of meat solutions that make a difference …ensur[ing] that our customers keep coming back , again and again, ” writes Dariush Rakhshani, General Manager, CHI. “In order to add value to the business and at the same time to better understand the performance of the products that we distribute; CHI has strategically diversified to become an end-user of its own products through the establishment of a number of its own F&B outlets.”
The offering:AUSTRALIAN ORIGIN MEAT PRODUCTS
- Australian 400 Day Long-Grain-Fed Wagyu Beef (BMS4-5 /6-7 /8-9)
- Australian 200 Day Long Grain-Fed Angus Beef (BMS2-4)
- Australian 150 Day Grain-Fed Angus Beef (BMS2+)
- Australian 120 Day Grain-Fed Beef
- Australian (Victorian) Natural Rose Veal
- Australian OBE Certified Organic Beef
- Australian Natural Lamb
- New Zealand Natural Grass-Fed Beef
- New Zealand Natural Lamb
- Dutch Milk Fed Veal
- Homemade Chorizo
- Lamb & Rosemary
- Spicy Italian
- USDA Certified Organic Chicken
Prime Gourmet- in a nutshell
- The company is a food importing and distribution company, sourcing and supplying premium branded high quality meat and dry foodstuffs from around the world to the retail, hospitality, catering and hotel industries within the UAE and broader GCC markets.
- With a predominant focus on premium branded chilled meat products, the expanding portfolio includes but not limited to various Wagyu, Grain-Fed & Grass-Fed Beef programs, Veal, Lamb and specialty meat products predominantly sourced from Australia and New Zealand.
- The company has its own dedicated warehouse facility located within the Al Quoz industrial zone. This includes a 5,400 sq. ft cold storage and a 1,600 sq. ft dry storage temperature controlled facility operating under the principles of HACCP.
- Distribution and logistics capabilities includes 8 temperature controlled refrigerated delivery vehicles.
What we like best
- The range of produce
- HACCP certified for hygiene and quality controls
- The outlet does not have the typical smell of a bloody meaty butchery
- Friendly, courteous service
- The staff butchers are well informed on cuts and can give you any cut you order.
- Staff can make suggestions on how to cook particular cuts or what cuts are best for specific cooking methods.
- Special cuts may be ordered ahead of time, saving you time, eg French cut lamb leg roulades and lamb chops.
- They deliver to select locations in Dubai for homes and all over the UAE for commercial orders
- USDA Certified organic chickens are soon to be included in the offering
- There is a deli where you can have a meal featuring their produce while you wait. Dining is set up up both indoors and alfresco
- Gourmet salts, spices and sauces available in the grocery section
- Located at the Noor Islamic bank metro
- Convenient opening hours (illustrated in the map above)